Tuesday 4 May 2010

April 29th, 2010







Having new tyres on the tractor today. The front ones are shot to pieces and the rear are a mix of crossply and radial - a big no-no and one is a whopping 13.6 inches wide. With smaller tyres and the wheels turned in at their maximum I will be able to get the overall width down to about 1.3m. This will be much better than the 1.5m in the 2.1m rows - it is just too tight at the moment. The new rear tyres will be 11.2inches wide, standard on most new vineyard tractors.





The picture showes the rear jacked up and the tyre off the rim.


Used the mole plough to cut up the track to make it easier for me to dig a trench across the top of the track to channel the water into the adjacent ditch. This had an immediate affect with the water running down the channel as I hoped. I'm still convinced this is a burst water main. For good measure I filled the channel with drainage pipe and some shingle.










No comments:

Post a Comment