Friday 22 January 2010

January 22nd, 2010

Raining today. Had to do some paperwork this morning then went up to the vineyard. I noticed the other day that a lot of rain water runoff was running down the side of the road and then turning into our field and running under the gate. I think that over the years this has contributed to the deterioration and water logging of the track. Having looked closely at the path that the water takes I decided that I could build a simple dam out of clay and try to redirect most of it. The first picture show’s this quite clearly. All the water is flowing into our field. The second photo post construction and 20mins later shows that I have successfully redirected the water along the edge of the road into the drain at the other side of our gateway. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference this will make over time. I also need to figure out a more permanent solution as one car over the dam will be the end of it!





Viewed Up the Road - Before Viewed Down the road - After








I also, cleared out the grips at the side of the road all the way to the Tingewick turn. The grips are made useless by a small dam that is formed by vehicles. One removed, within 10 seconds the water is gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment