Tuesday 22 December 2009

December 21st, 2009



Very cold again. I am sure that it didn't get above freezing all day. Since they are used by all the rescue services in extreme conditions you would expect that a Landrover Defender would have a thermometer. As they don't you'll have to trust my judgement. I am looking to purchase a weather stations at the moment. I should have got one sooner as all the "weather" is happening at the moment. It is certainly on my plan to keep records over the years. If anyone can recommend one then please let me know.


I couldn't resist taking photos of the snow. It somehow makes everything more magical. I am particularly pleased with this one of the clouds over our bottom grass field.



I think that I have solved the problem of the chickens drinking water freezing. It seems that by putting the chickens water at the back of the hen house near the nesting boxes that it does not freeze. It is either more insulated or the warmth generated by the chickens is enough to stop it from freezing. Not mentioned before, but occasionally we have Red Kites over. Today one visited briefly before flying away over the southern end of the village.


Work, yes I did do some! Ii have finished all the end posts at the top end of the vineyard. I also, finished a section at the bottom end that is a little bit soft, took advantage of the frozen ground.
The bad weather caused traffic chaos across the UK.
It was the football clubs end of season curry night. However, due to the bad weather we stayed in the local pub and our fantastic Landlord allowed us to order a takeaway and eat it in his restaurant. He also confirmed a sponsorship deal for next season - details to be confirmed.






No comments:

Post a Comment