Tuesday 8 December 2009

December 8th, 2009







I had to go into Buckingham this morning. I went straight from the school drop off and was parked by 9am When I got to the bank I found out that it did not open until 9:30 With 1/2hr to kill I did some shopping at Waitrose then looked at secondhand books in the charity shops. I guess that I must be a collector of cookbooks and books on wine as I always seem to buy at least one. I would have bought a Rick Stein book but at £7.50 I think that the charity shop is not playing the game. I expect all books in charity shops to be in the 50p (or less) to £2.oo range.












Didn't have time yesterday to mention that the lorry that came to deliver some End Posts got stuck in the mud. The condition of our track in the winter can be best described as muddy. The thing is the solid track dissapeared along time ago leaving a muddy mess. Luckly the Landrover was able to pull it out with ease. However, this incident motivated me to dig some channels to relieve some of the water and hopefully allow it to dry out.

You can see from the photos how much water has drained away.

I am back on the post bashing. Yesterday I finished putting up the wires on the post that I hammered into the ground a the end of November.

The picture shows me completing the smaller post of the box type end post system. I managed to do 18 rows this afternoon.






I play football on a Monday night in the Buckingham 6aside league. We are a team of "Old Men" playing against teams of "youngsters". Last night was the end of season cup competition. We managed to reach the semi final and lost to Buckingham Blues 4-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment