Monday 7 December 2009

December 7th, 2009



December 7th





The latest addition to the vineyard is a rather stunning cockerel given to us by a friend in the village. He was on death row so how could I say no!. In fact he hatched this summer at my daughters school as part of a science project. I am also happy to report that he is a hit with the girls and it is my intention to hatch some eggs next year with my incubator (that I last used about 25 years ago)




My main focus at the moment is putting up the trellising. This involves about bashing 1,300 8' and 9' posts about 3' into the ground. to date I have 23 rows complete - ie at least one wire and all canes in the row attached. Much more on trellising later.



The photo showes me attaching the canes to the wire with a twist tie.


www.chafor.co.uk

























No comments:

Post a Comment